BASIS San Antonio – Shavano Campus opened in 2017, combining both the teachers and students from BASIS San Antonio Medical Center and BASIS San Antonio North Central into one 6–12 grade campus. In its first year, the school operated in a temporary location in Castle Hills, Texas. At the beginning of the 2018–19 school year, the students, staff, and faculty moved into a new, 64,400-square-foot facility in the Shavano Heights area of San Antonio, Texas.
During the school’s inaugural 2017–18 school year, the faculty and students achieved fantastic results:
- First place in Academics at the University Interscholastic League (UIL) Regionals
- Second Place in Science at the UIL State Tournament
- National Science Bowl Regional Champions
- Repeat Texas High School State Softball Champions
- Two high school students placed in the top one percent of all debaters in the nation
- State Tennis Champions in four out of five tournament categories
- A senior won the City of San Antonio MLK Scholarship Award
- The class of 2018, the fist BASIS Curriculum graduating class in Texas, consisted of 33 students, received 173 college acceptances from 65 different schools, and $6,424,804 in scholarship offers
- The BASIS San Antonio Shavano student body is consistently recognized as one of the highest performing cohorts in the state, as measured by the Texas STAAR assessments in Bexar County and across the 1,227 school districts in the state, exceeding average district pass rates by double digits
- In 2018, BTX Schools received the highest score of any district in San Antonio under the new Texas Education Agency Accountability Rating System
These accolades cannot be achieved without the daily, exceptional instruction provided by our extraordinary teachers in partnership with our dedicated students, who are committed to raising the standards of academic success in Texas. We are proud of these accolades and the many other achievements of our students.