Academic excellence across all grade levels at BASIS Flagstaff, connects our students in a comprehensive and cohesive curriculum that promotes student development and engagement. Our school culture of support and cooperation encourages students and teachers to explore ideas, collaborate, and grow. It is not uncommon to see an eleventh grader helping a third grader with Mandarin, a history and a math teacher working together to make connections between lessons, or the Dean of Students reciting poetry at a staff meeting. BASIS Flagstaff cultivates lifelong learners.
- Notable college acceptances among our graduates: Duke, USC, Cornell, Northeastern, Dartmouth, Barrett Honors College at ASU, UofA Honors College, and UC Berkeley.
- Our students have been awarded BASIS Founders’ Prize for Top Senior Project Demonstrating Original Research ($10,000 scholarship).
- BASIS Flagstaff has had several National Merit Semifinalists and AP Exam pass rates of 86 percent.
- One of our teachers and students have been nominated for the prestigious STEMMYs from Flagstaff STEM City.
- The debate team has earned the state title in Lincoln Douglas Debate and our chess team took second place at the state tournament.
- The grades 7 and 8 cross country boys team and the grade 6 boys teams all placed at the Arizona Cross Country State Championships, while boys varsity basketball qualified for the semifinal round of the regional tournament and our girls high school cross country placed eighth in the state.