The BASIS Diploma prepares students to fully participate in the exciting and unpredictable world of the 21st century. Students who earn this mark of distinction possess the best possible foundation as independent and resourceful problem solvers. The BASIS Diploma provides graduates with a plethora of college and career choices. The job of BASIS Curriculum Schools is to fully prepare them to succeed.
The scope and significance of the BASIS Diploma is determined by these practices:
- In the 21st century, opportunity is no longer confined to one spot on a map. That’s why we educate students based upon the highest GLOBAL standards, with acceptance to the best universities, and competing in a global marketplace firmly in mind.
- From our earliest days, our schools have been committed to the smart, network-wide use of student performance data. We hold ourselves ACCOUNTABLE for using the insights this data provides to improve learning outcomes.
- Our students achieve MASTERY of the core academic disciplines and competencies, and then push themselves to go beyond. In our classrooms students face extraordinary challenges, and know they can depend on the unwavering support of the faculty.
- Our course of study is interconnected from preschool to Senior Projects. Our curriculum is carefully calibrated so that each year students hone their INTERDISCIPLINARY skills in preparation for next year’s challenges.
- We use TECHNOLOGY to connect a network of schools into an integrated system with data-driven quality control and best practices. This helps us ensure that innovation is guided by our master teachers, not a centralized bureaucracy.
- We create a culture in which different PERSPECTIVES are challenged and tested in an intellectual yet down-to-earth environment. As a learning community, we do not hide from conflict and struggle. We embrace debate as a valuable tool for exploring students deeply held convictions in a mature and respectful way.